This page will outline specific details on
OFFERINGS / LIGHTING / CONDITION RATINGS / SHIPPING / PAYMENT
Where do your products come from? All of the offerings were personally selected and imported by Lucia during her travels throughout China, Burma, Thailand, India and Indonesia. She also commissioned her designs of reproductions for her company Lawrence & Scott.
Are your products mass-produced? No. All items are one-of-a-kind antiques unless otherwise noted at vintage reproductions. Reproductions were commissioned by Marcia or Lucia through personal collaboration directly with the. These cross-generational, family-owned enterprises executed limited productions of these commissioned collections to guarantee superior quality and preserve individuality.
Why doesn't every piece look exactly the same? Due to the antique or handcraft nature of all the objects represented in the eastern goods collection, slight variations in color and style may occur. These are considered normal as long as they enhance the unique character of the object.
How are your leather boxes and chests made? We use only full top-grain hides from Asian water buffalo once their hard-working lives are completed. Chests are clad inside and out, then individually lacquered - never dyed. Patterns are hand-painted.
* We have a UL workroom on site where all lighting offered on the eastern goods website is assembled and wired.
* We use all solid brass lighting parts and accessories.
* Typically, we wire a double socket.
* Please inquire about customization by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW Never been used and in many instances has remained boxed. NEW pieces were commissioned by Lawrence & Scott in the 1980s.
EXCELLENT A vintage or antique piece that exhibits very little wear and remains in near-perfect condition despite its age.
VERY GOOD A vintage or antique object with rare and discreet signs of wear and age. This may include but is not limited to scratches on the surface, loose hardware and a finish with a patina appropriate for its age.
GOOD A vintage or antique piece, which has lived a long, good life and looks better for it. Surface scratches, chips to porcelain and overall signs of wear apparent.
FAIR A well-loved vintage or antique that still has beauty despite its age and use.
* The typical lead time for merchandise to ship is within (15) business days from receipt of payment and shipping address.
* All shipments are insured for the value of the merchandise and require a signature from the receiving party.
* Make sure to double check your billing and shipping address when placing an order because most eastern goods offerings are one-of-a-kind and irreplaceable.
* Upon the completion of your order, you will receive an email confirmation outlining the details of your order. This message will include a link that will direct you to updated tracking information.
* We take great care when packing items. When an object requires special attention for shipping we can offer options that include wooden crates and custom delivery. We take full responsibility for the condition and count of objects leaving the warehouse and honor written claims for shortage, manufacturing defect, or error made within (10) days of delivery of goods.
* Claims for damage in transit are valid within 10 working days through the area terminal of the transportation carrier, not through eastern goods. Therefore, please inspect packing and merchandise carefully upon arrival. If damage has occurred, you can avoid expense and delay by obtaining the delivering carrier's notation on the bill of lading rather than refusing to accept the shipment.
* If merchandise is damaged by a common carrier, please notify eastern goods immediately, and hold items and packing materials in their original carton for carrier inspection and claim processing.
* Prices displayed on the website are in U.S. dollars and exclusive of taxes. If you are shipping within the U.S., sales tax will only be charged on orders shipped within Washington State.
* If your are shipping to a destination outside the U.S., in addition to eastern goods shipping cost, tax, customs and import duties may be levied by your local government. All additional taxes and fees are the responsibility of the client.
* International items shipped from Seattle, Washington (United States) will have an official invoice declaring the exact total of merchandise purchased in U.S. dollars.